Sunday, April 19, 2020

Making Connections


Making Connections through Online learning

Online learning is going well.   I really miss my students.   I could never be a full time cyber teacher, that's for sure.   I need that physical interaction.   However, we're really making the best of it.

I've been doing LIVE Zoom lessons with the kids.   I'm also learning that my students wake up when my day is half over, LOL - so my hours have changed as well.     I'm very pleased with what has been done thus far.  

Last week we started our class novel and even though it was done online... we had a blast!  

We're presently reading The Little Prince and the kids have been submitting some awesome writing samples... AND... yes.... SHEEP!










2 comments:

  1. Wow! Le Petit Prince?! Oh, it's been so long. I may have to revisit that one... Thanks for the pictures, Leigh Anne! I also might have to watch BABE now... I checked it out of the library for my homeroom the day we found out about no more school, and the local library closed the book return, so I've been stuck with it! I should watch it. I love it when the sheep say "Maaaa!" ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BABE! Oh that movie always brings me such joy! The Little Prince is an all time favorite of mine. Right now there's a pretty awesome documentary on it on Netflix right now, highly recommend! I'm going to have to look for BABE to watch with Nora, I can see her giggling now!

      Delete

First Classroom Circle - Community Building!

On September 15th, I facilitated our first official classroom circle of the school year.   I told students about us being in Circle all week...