Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Student Control Shifts

Alright... let's admit it... when it comes to teaching there is an element of control.   Am I right?   Can I get an Amen?   AMEN!   However, I'm learning that the control does not have to come from me.   Yep.  True story.   It doesn't.   Once rapport is established, routine is established, and rules are known... control doesn't have to come from me.   Take my furniture shift for example.   I didn't do this.   I wouldn't have even thought to do this funky "E" weird shaped concoction we have going on.   The kids did it.   And I love it!  I do!  I can biddy bop here and there and pop in to a pocket over here and then shoot over there and it's a good time!



Oh - and the decorating... that's all them too.

Take a risk.  Surrender control.  I'm sure the kids will change it up again and I'm probably going to be cool with that!  

2 comments:

First Classroom Circle - Community Building!

On September 15th, I facilitated our first official classroom circle of the school year.   I told students about us being in Circle all week...