Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Center Shifting!










I decided to do another shift and I changed the layout of the classroom.   I didn't consult students beforehand and what's funny is two students came in and said, "Yes!   I thought it would look good like this."   Too funny!    We did three centers instead of two and it went really well for two of my classes.   My third class didn't like having three centers so we did two centers and then did the third center, whole group.    I'm having so much fun with this class.   I'm learning that the students learn best when they're given the time to reflect on their needs and then be able to state those needs not to me, but to their peers first.   Watching them learn from one another has been such a blessed and cool experience.   Have I ever mentioned that I love my job?   I do.   :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

First Classroom Circle - Community Building!

On September 15th, I facilitated our first official classroom circle of the school year.   I told students about us being in Circle all week...