Monday, August 7, 2017

Classroom Shifts (thus far) ... complete!

In this post, I was talking about how I made some shifts with the hubs in my classroom.   Well, my classroom is as ready as it's going to be!

So.... here are some visuals of SHIFTS!

Tables shift:  I used to have a teacher table to sit at in the front of the room.   That is now GONE.  I shifted the table elsewhere and I'll be sitting amongst the students if/when I sit.   I can't get rid of my desk (sorry, Joy!) - as a special ed teacher it's just one of those spaces that I need as I write those 40+ page IEP's.  

In addition to the table shift, you will notice that the bulletin boards are bare.   This is deliberate.  I am still brainstorming where to post the Essential Questions (required) but I want bulletin boards and cabinets to be decorated with student work.   

Hello, professional library!





A shift that I absolutely love is how my husband set up the reading table.   That's normally where I met one on one with students for progress monitoring but now I can also run a small group there as well.

The supplies that were randomly stacked in a cubby... now all have a home.   Yay, dollar store bins!

Other misc shifts include re-doing the classroom library, letting the kids see what it is I am reading and a little section with some photos.   Goal this year, more selfies with the kids! 





Now you've had a glimpse into my classroom!   Students start coming on the 28th so there is still some time left in summer.   Now that the setting up has come to a close, the paperwork can begin.  :P

1 comment:

  1. Leigh Anne - I love all the explanation of your shifts! I know your students will love it. I wish they could know how excited you are to start this coming school year!!

    ReplyDelete

First Classroom Circle - Community Building!

On September 15th, I facilitated our first official classroom circle of the school year.   I told students about us being in Circle all week...