Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Growth vs. Safety = Oil vs. Water?


The summer issue of Educational Leadership is completely FREE and digital right now.   This issue focused on change.   Change often starts off as scary.  It can be intimidating.   Sometimes, it can even be infuriating.

Can you think of times where you stayed put or took a step back?   What happened?
What happened when you chose to take a step forward?

One of my students last year used to say, "But did you die?" as a response to someone in conversation.   I sometimes chuckle to myself when I think about how I chose to continue with my Masters in the midst of a health crisis.   Did I die?   Nope!   Or even when I asked a question which I was pretty sure it would get me a snide remark back.  Did I die?   Nope!

The point is - when you allow fear to be your idol, you've got a problem.   Fear is a liar.   Trust yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

First Classroom Circle - Community Building!

On September 15th, I facilitated our first official classroom circle of the school year.   I told students about us being in Circle all week...