Sunday, July 7, 2019

PSA



I love me some social media.   Not even gonna front.   I do. 

I love connecting with my friends and family. 

I love working my side hustle.   

I love learning from my PLN on Twitter.   

I like seeing what people are up to and what is going on in their lives.   I love celebrating joys.   And you can bet I'm your gal if you need prayer during sorrows and struggles. 

However, there are some downsides to social media.

Lately I'm seeing people bashing teachers.   Even other teachers bashing teachers!   Why?   And why on a public forum?   

I am also seeing people making negative comments about their jobs and their districts.

So here's the question -- where is the solution?   I get it.  We all have bad days.   We all have bad experiences from time to time.   But complaining and whining goes nowhere.   It might feel good... for a little while perhaps.... but if there IS a legitimate problem - bring a solution to the table! 

Blow off the steam appropriately, ya'll.   Whether you realize it or not, our students are watching us. Their families are watching us.   We're to be role models.    We're not meant to be perfect.   But constantly whining and bringing no solution to the table makes you lose cool points in my book.   

#justsayin

1 comment:

First Classroom Circle - Community Building!

On September 15th, I facilitated our first official classroom circle of the school year.   I told students about us being in Circle all week...