Sunday, June 30, 2019

Track Series

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1oUTSrOK-MtqA4ui9AP0jNkkglOoIUw8K

I set a goal for myself for this summer and into 
This upcoming school year to expand my 
classroom library.  A request was made for me 
to include more sports books.   I snagged this 
series on sale on Amazon before summer break and finally had a chance to sit down and read it. 

I had never read anything by Jason Reynolds before.   However, friends in my PLN has cautionedme.  They told me that I need to make sure I 
have the time to read this particular author 
because once I would start, I most likely would 
not be able to stop.  

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I’m not really 
into sports lit.  Or so I thought. I figured these 
books would take me a few weeks to read at 
least.  Nope.  I read them in less than 36 hours.  

The story sucks you in.  I would say that it’s 
written on a middle school level for sure.   
The characters are younger.  But the 
relationships.   Wow. You simply can’t stop 
reading.  Everyone is intertwined in some way.
 Everyone has a unique story. The lessons and messages are beautiful and inspiring.  I would 
venture to guess that if a reader was never an 
athlete, these books may inspire them to join a 
team.   

I can’t wait to “showcase” these books in 
August. I also can’t wait to read some more of 
Jason’s work.  What a treat!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yippee for the GHOST series!! We read aloud GHOST as an entire middle school last year, because Jason Reynolds was coming to VISIT!!! Please tell me you'll read LONG WAY DOWN next... a teammate and I read this one aloud to our classes - it's so important and full of questions and concerns and... oh, please. Take an hour to read that one, Leigh Anne. You won't be disappointed. 👍

    ReplyDelete

First Classroom Circle - Community Building!

On September 15th, I facilitated our first official classroom circle of the school year.   I told students about us being in Circle all week...