Thursday, July 18, 2019

Favorite things challenge



I don't know about you - but I like to add a few new things to my classroom each year.   I also often NEED to add a few new things to my classroom.

I was browsing one of my favorite poster websites and saw the poster above.   While I love all 12.5 rules, I found myself reflecting the most on number seven.    I also found myself laughing at a few of these because I'm constantly telling my students about number one and number two.

Anywhoo... it got me thinking... why is it we make lists of what we have TO DO but we don't really spend time on what we have done, what we love, etc. 

So here is the challenge... and spread it around the Internetz if you're reading this. 

Share with me here in the comments or on Twitter (leighanne_geib) your favorite words, your favorite books, your favorite places or your favorite things.

And when I get back from vacation I'll post mine!    Looking forward to this post being shared all over the place and reading your responses!


1 comment:

  1. Leigh Anne, I shared with you (via Twitter) some notebook pages of quotes I've heard and loved, and now I'm sharing with you quotes from books I've read... Ones that have struck me as learning from the book, or just ones that hit my heart right for a certain reason. I'm a huge collector of words, words, words... https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1G28YKSFUxY4APs0DscF7DPdpAbP72ZdE6j6NzFtbraQ/edit#gid=0 I'll be ready to see your list when you post!!

    ReplyDelete

First Classroom Circle - Community Building!

On September 15th, I facilitated our first official classroom circle of the school year.   I told students about us being in Circle all week...