Thursday, April 11, 2019

Assistant Principal's Week

I don't know what happened with my Tweet. I think I accidentally deleted it. This is what happens when I scroll on my phone too fast.



Anywhoo, my tweet said:

"Happy Assistant Principal week to @DarylReisinger and @Paul12160280 of @PalmyraAreaHS. There literally aren't enough words to express how wonderful these two men are. Their guidance and wisdom have shaped me in to the teacher I am today! Thank you for the past 14 years."

I am so blessed at my job, ya'll. Seriously. I have thee most caring administrators. I confess, I didn't even know this week was their week! I need to get with the program!

I remember many a time in a grad class hearing someone complain about their assistant principal in their building and I really could not relate at all. Our guys are amazing! Their doors are always open. They offer serious feedback and when they see a problem, they offer a solution. These gentlemen have the true heart and well being of every student and staff member in mind. I have learned from them. I have grown because of them. It's an honor to be able to say, "Yep! I know them!"

So let's go on a trip down memory lane, shall we?

While there have been many funny moments in our building... there also have been those serious times.

When I was pregnant with my daughter, I almost went into labor way too early. I was barely five months pregnant. My allergies were out of control and I was carrying her high. I was having issues breathing which then made her have issues getting oxygen from me. A colleague (thank you, Lisa!) saw me in the hall and got me to the office.

Our office staff rocks, too. In a matter of moments I was in the office kitchen with Lisa and JoDell (our amazing librarian) while the secretaries (Em, Janet, and Vic) were working on getting a hold of my husband. Our principal was calling 911.

Lisa was holding my hand and counting contractions. JoDell was helping me through it. My bestie came running down to help out. And Daryl locked down the office to give privacy. Paul walked in and he stayed with me a bit and prayed with me. He assured me I would be okay, he kept me focused on God and before I knew it I was safely and prayerfully in the ambulance. Nora sure did a number on me, it was a tough pregnancy. She finally showed up when she was supposed to in September. Every night Nora and I say prayers together and we always say a special prayer for my colleagues and most especially Lisa, JoDell, and "Mr. Paul."

Below is a photo of Paul and Nora at a retirement party for another dear colleague.

Have I ever mentioned how much I love working for this district?







No comments:

Post a Comment

First Classroom Circle - Community Building!

On September 15th, I facilitated our first official classroom circle of the school year.   I told students about us being in Circle all week...