Wednesday, December 20, 2017

"What are you shifting now, Geib!?!"



When students walked into the room today, they knew some shifting was about to go down.   I love that they are 100% aware of my shifts and this is a part of our communication.  Who needs to make a word scramble worksheet when you can make the worksheet come to life?   Students had asked to do some "Christmassy/Holiday stuff" and I decided worksheets just weren't going to happen when it came to their encoding/decoding.   Twenty scrambled clues were all around the room...

The intensity was building.

Where were the clues?


"Dude!  Where is number 19 hiding!?!?"

"Yo.  What did you get for 11!?!?"

And then...20 minutes in...

They struck gold and found the word bank... or so they thought.  LOL!!!





It was so much fun watching the kids hunt down the words and try to figure these out.   And to think, they could have just sat with a worksheet and their music.   This is such a simple shift.   It looked like chaos and I loved every minute.   If an administrator would have walked in, I don't know what they would have thought at first glance and first listen.   But ya know what... hearing my period six kids say, "Dude.  That was bomb!" as they left my room = priceless success!




No comments:

Post a Comment

First Classroom Circle - Community Building!

On September 15th, I facilitated our first official classroom circle of the school year.   I told students about us being in Circle all week...