Friday, December 15, 2017

Stories in EDU Geib Leigh Anne





So....  THIS happened!!!



Story time!



So... when I was finishing my Masters Degree, I decided to focus my final research on authentic professional development.   As I dove into my research, I stumbled across the work of Jason Bretzmann and Kenny Bosch.   They wrote a wonderful book (seriously, buy it!!!) called "Personalized PD."   Dave Burgess (Teach Like a Pirate dude) also has a part in this.



I began participating in an AWESOME Twitter chat called #PersonalizedPD (Tuesday nights, 9pm EST) and my Professional Learning Network (PLN) began to EXPLODE!!!



Jason and Kenny are fantastic.   They are so encouraging and I appreciate what they have and continue to contribute to the world of education.



Through these chats and then learning about Voxer, I was able to begin following Josh Gauthier and Mandy Taylor.



In November of 2017, Jason sent me a message after I had Tweeted out about a cup activity I did in my classroom.   He asked me to be a part of the #StoriesinEDU Podcast with Josh and Mandy.   The rest is history!   I am so grateful to all of these educators, and especially Joy Kirr who is the reason as to why this blog is happening and why I'm thriving even more in the classroom.



I am blessed with an amazing PLN and I thank all of you.   If you are reading this, please comment - give feedback - I'd love to hear it!    Comment.   Text.  Tweet.   E-mail.



Podcast Link:


2 comments:

  1. Great stories, Leigh Anne! Happy to have you on the Stories in Edu podcast. Thank you for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Leigh Anne, you are thriving in the classroom because YOU WANT change. You know that sharing your thoughts through a blog means more people will see them, be inspired by YOU, and start change in THEIR classrooms! We are all better together, and I'm so geeked you've started this blogging journey! Thank YOU for sharing your stories!

    ReplyDelete

First Classroom Circle - Community Building!

On September 15th, I facilitated our first official classroom circle of the school year.   I told students about us being in Circle all week...