Wednesday, December 13, 2017

The Flashlight Test...



In our classroom, it's not uncommon for someone to say, "Let's take a closer look."

Today, we were having a conversation about Christmas and snooping for Christmas presents.  The kids were laughing at me.   Oh who am I kidding... the kids were laughing WITH me.   I had told them that I had hid my husbands Christmas present in a "safe place" and now I can't find where that safe place is.   I've still got time, right?   Ha!

One of my boys says, "Mrs. Geib.   Just take a closer look!   Turn off the lights.   Have a flashlight.   Being in the dark will help you focus more and you will find it."

Well... holy stinking smokes!    I just got home from work and HE WAS RIGHT!!!   I FOUND IT!

I can't wait to tell him tomorrow.  

I feel like I'm taking a closer look at lots of things lately.   Where do you find yourself taking a closer look?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

First Classroom Circle - Community Building!

On September 15th, I facilitated our first official classroom circle of the school year.   I told students about us being in Circle all week...