Monday, August 12, 2019

Classroom photos and changes

 If you've been in my room, you will notice that straight ahead in this photo is my desk.   It's still in the same "area" but I moved it.     It used to sit right against the back counter.   However, I moved it for two reasons.   Reason number one is not something I'm going to publicly blog about.   Reason number two - it allows me an even better view of the room and provides more room in the back for students to work or for one-on-ones.    I would love for it to be under my TV but I'm terrified of that beast falling on me. 

Ah, the world of special ed.   We need storage for our paper/documentation/progress monitoring.

New writing center with lamp and music.    Plenty of pencils and erasers.    


View from the door.   My table set up changes often.    And I don't do it.   The kids do.   

Teacher confession:   I don't mind "designing" the bulletin board but actually completing it is not my thing.   Mad love to my hubs for "installing" the new purple paper with my dollar store ribbon.    If you look really close, you'll see that there are lights going across the top and across the entire front board just like the side board.   I received a lot of compliments last year from parents and admin about the lighting in my room considering I lack natural lighting.

This is a turn in station as well as a work station.   

Another view of the room from under the television.   More on the cubbies across the way in a later post.

 This shelf used to be at the front door but it's now beside my desk.   The shelf underneath (not pictured) will be a charging station. 
 These were an awesome Amazon investment.    They're so strong.   This will hold workbooks for students and their folders. 

 Classroom library!    I've been doing a lot of donating, purging, and recycling this summer.   Books that hadn't been checked out in 5+ years were donated.   I really want to start building on my graphic novel collection.    If you'd like to help with that, here is the link to my Amazon wishlist.   :-)

 This drawer and the photo below was inspired by my pal Dan Tricarico.       Taking some time to find some Zen on stressful days.   I teach special ed.   We have a lot of those.   :P 





1 comment:

  1. Leigh Anne, Thank you for posting pictures that look feasible! I've seen some Pinterest classrooms, and woah...... too much for me (and my kids). Your zen station looks nice - I'm still deciding where mine will be and what will be there. Last year we simply had colored pencils and coloring sheets (which the kids said were too big/long) and a five-minute sand timer. I need to revisit this space...

    ReplyDelete

First Classroom Circle - Community Building!

On September 15th, I facilitated our first official classroom circle of the school year.   I told students about us being in Circle all week...