Sunday, January 21, 2018

Book 2/60 complete!


I've said it once on here and I'll say it again.

If you told me that I could GROW as an educator because of Twitter... I'd really want to know how much you had to drink.  


The Four O'Clock Faculty is a refreshing read divided into three sections.

The first section talks about the big one... CHOOSING to pursue RELEVANT PD.   I enjoyed this section because as a special education teacher, there have been many PD events that really did not do much of anything for me.   Sad, but true.   The good news is though that times have changed and the last five years or so, those moments have been few and far between.  

Section two takes off with humor and wit.  I absolutely loved the chapter on learning from one another and also a chapter was devoted to taking advantage of Twitter.   Again, if you told me I could grow as an educator because of Twitter... I would have rolled my eyes and thought you were nuts!

Instead, I find myself making connections, having meaningful conversations, constantly learning and developing friendships with people I haven't even "met" face to face (but would love to!)

The beauty of Rich's book is that he does not leave you hanging.   The book ends with strategies on how to solve problems, how to create something meaningful and how to create a game plan.

I gave this book a 5/5 stars on GoodReads.   I highly recommend it.   I also want to thank Matthew Larson for inviting me into the Voxer book chat.   The book chat isn't over until the end of the month. I enjoy listening and learning from the educators in this group.   I simply could not control myself and finished the book ahead of time.  This is rare for me... I loved the book THAT much!  

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I just finished 8 ways to Reverse PCOS for my health. And book #4 is almost finished, The Zen Teacher. :-)

      Delete

First Classroom Circle - Community Building!

On September 15th, I facilitated our first official classroom circle of the school year.   I told students about us being in Circle all week...