Friday, August 4, 2023

Tid-Bits...

As I put the final touches on my last assignment for my summer class... I thought I'd jot down some of the tidbits shared this past week while we were in Zoom.    

This class was A LOT of work, but it was SO worth it.   I am optimistic on so many levels.

Again... just random tidbits that I wrote down 

  • Shame is not a prerequisite for growth.
  • What perspectives are being missed by schools being so white?
  • Be curious.  Be the detective and not the judge. 
  • We need to not rely on the emotions of others to heal our own.
  • You may never physically see a change in a kid while doing restorative practices, it doesn't mean change isn't happening, it doesn't mean you should stop.
  • If a student chooses to not be in Circle physically, that is okay.   It shouldn't be a time to do nothing though.   Students can be in Circle and pass each time.
  • It can take the brain at least 18 minutes to come back from a harmful microaggression.   18 minutes!  
  • Do not speed through the process of creating class values!


No comments:

Post a Comment

First Classroom Circle - Community Building!

On September 15th, I facilitated our first official classroom circle of the school year.   I told students about us being in Circle all week...