Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Symbolism

Confession:   I can't stand being bored.

Can't.
Stand.
It.

IF I can't stand being bored... I can only imagine how my students feel throughout their day.

I wanted to make sure my students REALLY understood symbolism.   However, I didn't feel like forcing a writing on them... I didn't want to give them something B-O-R-I-N-G.

So what did we do instead?

We just sat around the table and TALKED.   You know... had a conversation.   

And then we decided to each choose our favorite character from the class novel and design tattoos for them given what we know about their pasts as well as their actions through-out the novel.

The results are coming in.... and they are B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

First Classroom Circle - Community Building!

On September 15th, I facilitated our first official classroom circle of the school year.   I told students about us being in Circle all week...