Monday, December 3, 2018

When you cry on a Monday...

Let's face it.

It happens.

Teachers are human.   And sometimes tears are shed.

Tears of frustration.

Tears of anxiety.

Tears of ... well... anything.

Today.... it was tears of JOY.

Seriously, I came into work this morning to this:



Because you see.....  I have beliefs.  

I truly believe that before learning takes place a student must feel two things.   First of all, they must feel safe.   Secondly, they must feel valued.   If either of these things are lacking, you're in for an uphill battle.

I truly believe that we as teachers hold a significant amount of power.   

I'm not talking about classroom management.

I'm talking about the power to take an "I can't" mindset away from a student and turn it to an "I can."

I'm talking about the power to take a negative attitude and turn it to a confident attitude.

I'm talking about taking a back row, hide my face so the teacher can't see me student and turning them into a LEADER.

We have that power ya'll.   

It all starts with relationships.     Then curriculum can come in.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

First Classroom Circle - Community Building!

On September 15th, I facilitated our first official classroom circle of the school year.   I told students about us being in Circle all week...