Wednesday, March 28, 2018

What we're up to in #phs117



#phs117 is on a roll and I could not be more proud of the progress my students are making.   We are presently reading Nothing But the Truth by Avi and the students are super invested in this text.   It's amazing to hear them speak of the connections they are making with this particular book.   Their insight and perspectives are shared daily and even though it is becoming less foreign to me, having them lead the way and have the conversations is really neat.   

I must say I am surprised about their desire to draw and illustrate.   I've pulled a few students aside and they tell me that when they have time to draw or sketch after a read, it helps them answer their comprehension questions more accurately.   In the picture above, students are processing what they have read after taking an assessment.    They are then illustrating a key element of the plot in the novel thus far.    

Have I ever mentioned that my students are amazing?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

First Classroom Circle - Community Building!

On September 15th, I facilitated our first official classroom circle of the school year.   I told students about us being in Circle all week...