Monday, March 19, 2018

Failing vs. Failure






As I've noted in several posts, I've been reading Empower.   A chapter that REALLY hit home for me was chapter nine.   In Chapter nine, the authors discuss the concept of failing.   It's noted (as evidenced by Kindle Screen Shots above) that FAILURE is permanent but FAILING is temporary.

"Our learning stories must include failing, not failure.  And there is a big difference between the two."

My students especially need to see these graphics.   Far too often they have shared with me about their "failures" and I gotta say, it messes with them.    For them, failing and failure are identical.   It is my hope that as we continue to grow and learn together, they see the difference and that they know that in my eyes, they never could be or will be a failure.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

First Classroom Circle - Community Building!

On September 15th, I facilitated our first official classroom circle of the school year.   I told students about us being in Circle all week...